Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 9:

Home; The place in which one's domestic affections are centered.

Sunday. Day of rest. :) And day of learning the gospel! The morning was just blah, ya know, getting ready for, and totally anticipating going to church! haha! I decided to fast, because i wasn't sure if it was going to be fast and testimony meeting (being as last sunday was General Conf.!) And sure enough it was! The drive there was pleasant enough, bunch o' crazy drivers everywhere,, but i imagine i will have to get used to that! haha! Again as i got closer and closer to the actual building i got so stinkin giddy! It is a beautiful building! I was a little nervous to walk in and sit down, mostly because i wasn't sure if i was in the right place, and didn't know anyone, but FIRST thing, the first counselor in the bishopric came up and introduced himself! He was such a nice guy, and before i knew it, the relief society president and the elders quorum president were by my side introducing themselves! I love the church. :) It was really sweet that i could be miles away from my house in Ut., but feel so at home in this building, with these people, (and the spirit of course!) ha. They were genuinely some of the nicest people i have met, and i am glad to be in this ward! Two of the YSA's came and invited me to sit with them and their families, Josie and..... something... i forgot. Dang it. But they were so cute, and friendly! I decided i should bare my testimony, it being my first time there, and that went just great, i didn't even cry! Shocker, i know. haha. But after the meeting Josie took me with her to the YSA sunday school class, where THE nicest YSA's all introduced themselves to me, and just chatted with me as well! Sheesh, everyone is just nice! They got my information so they could let me know about the activities that are comin up, that i am actually way stoked for! Sheeeoooot. I am excited to have these new friends! One of the older ladies in the ward stopped me in the hall after it was all over, and she told me that 'the young lady sitting next to her started to text her brother when i got up to bare my testimony, and she was telling him that a cute girl from Utah is here, and that she thinks we should hook up. And later, the same young lady was telling her mom that if it didn't work out with me and her brother, that they could always hook me up with Elder Sorenson!' (Elder Sorenson is a missionary serving locally here.... haha) Isn't that a hooot?!? hahahaha. People crack me up. Gotta love em. :) We had a nice, delectable sunday dinner tonight! Roasted chicken and potatoes, salad, and these awesome multi-grain rolls! It was divine. We were also joined by Josh's sister Shira, who is the cutest thing! She is living in Manhattan, by herself! What a studess, eh?? Yeah, it was a good time! I also got to talk to my family tonight!!! I needed it! I love them all, and realllllllly like our Sunday evening chats! And now it is time for bed! Gooooodnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment