Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day 6:

Tears; A fluid appearing in, or flowing from the eyes as a result of emotion.

First day legitimately on my own, and another success! It is so funny how things just don't matter as much when you are taking care of little kiddlings. Like today for example.. when we were dropping Anna off at school, i looked horrendous. I would have NEVER gone in public in the good ole Utah County looking like that,,, but oh well. I don't know anyone here really, and have nobody to impress! haha! And most of the mom's are wearing comfy clothes too... Designer comfy clothes.... but comfy either way. :) After school Anna went and had a play-date (EVERYONE here calls playing with a friend a 'play-date'. But here it is much more official. You actually have to call and arrange a 2 and a half hour playing time with their mom's and stuff! Different..) with her cute little friend Rachael! That was in a completely different town, so i had to drive on the big bad freeway in NY! First time, and driving in New York is scary as crap!!! But i am alive and well, as well as the girls, so all is well. haha. Thank heavens for the GPS. My new favorite piece of technology EVER. I am most definitely getting one when i am grown up. haha. But anyway.. while Anna was at Rachael's house i had a bit of spare time, so i decided to find the church building that i will be attending next week!

*moment* As i was driving to the church building, i got more and more excited to see the house of the Lord! When i arrived... i couldn't stop the flow of tears. I had to pull in and park for a solid 20 minutes as i just cried. The reason for the tears? I was so comforted to see a building that the true gospel is taught. Where the Spirit lives. A place where my Father in Heaven and my Brother Jesus Christ live. Where saints, like me, gather to worship them, in this busy, crazy, loud city/state. There stood a building that represented everything that i believe in. I was suuuper overwhelmed; in a good way. I love the church. And i can't wait to go there on Sunday. Can you imagine what it will be like when i get to go to the temple here?? haha.

So after that, we picked Anna up, and the day was pretty routine from there! More imaginary games, and hungry, singing children! We even went to the 'alligator' park! Mostly because it was a glorious, sunny day! Tomorrow if the weather is the same, i would like to go to the water, not sure what water, because there are so many, but just water. :) When Josh and Liz got home, everything was phenom. Josh even showed me how to use the treadmill,,, score! haha! And miss Liz made a reallllly good tuna wrap (and i don't usually eat tuna..) , and broccoli soup. Life is good. :) Can't believe it is Friday tomorrow! What?? holla. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, I love your blog. This entry made me feel great. Thanks. oh...I want a GPS when I'm all grown up too.

    ReplyDelete