Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 12:

Challenge; difficulty in a job or undertaking that is stimulating to one engaged in it.

........ Today was tough. Okay, the ending was tough. The actual day day was good! School as usual, and Marta picked Anna up from school and came over to the house for a play-date here! Anna and Lizzie play so well together! They are the cutest of friends. They played for about three hours while Marta and i got to know each-other better! She is one amazing woman! Really, i admire her! It is fun to try and understand her english with her heavy spanish accent! Sometimes i just nod my head, smile and say 'really?' to what she says, when i REALLY didn't understand one word she said. hahaha. And i think she knows it too! haha! After that we went to the park and played some more! Ava and i had a good time there today, because she took her nap right before, so she didn't fall asleep! It is a challenge to keep her from eating little leaves though! lol! On the way back from the park, Anna and Ava both zonked out in the car, and usually when that happens for Josh and Liz, they just leave them there to sleep, and hang out by the car for when they wake up,, so thats what i did too! Av was the first to wake up, (she is way congested, and her nose was running alllllllll day, so she hasn't been sleeping that well either.) So we sat around the garage and waited for Anna to wake up. Ava started getting fussy and crying way loud, so i tried to hurry and calm her down and picked her up, and i think that was when Anna woke up... she woke up, and didn't see anyone right by her, and she was still strapped in her seat, so she got scared that she was stuck there. :( I honestly was there in like 2 seconds after she woke up, but she was hurt. She stomped in the house, and sat down and cried for almost 5 minutes strait. She wouldn't let me get near her to comfort her, so i just had to stand there and watch. When she calmed down, i called her mom (they asked me to if anything like this happened.) and Anna talked to her, and started crying again, which i think made Liz upset too. So... yeah. I felt the tension. And it felt like it was all targeted at me. Josh got home first (they both had to take the later trains today) and gave me a little fatherly lecture, and said to just wake her up next time so she isn't so terrified, and told me that he was probably handling this a little better than Liz was. (Which is understandable because she has that motherly protection thing going for her.) So yeah. That sucks! I was so freaking helpless, which is the worst feeling ever! All this caused a massive melt-down in the shower. haha. But i think those are healthy! I tried to call a few of my friends, but nobody answered. Then i decided to call home, cause i was pretty sure someone would be there... and blake answered. :) I was so happy to hear his voice. My buddy can always make me smile. We didn't talk about anything too exciting, but he made my day for sure. I learned a lot today, and i am grateful. I knew it wouldn't be a perfect job, and actually, things have been good in the big picture! So, its all about perspective. I know i am supposed to be here, and i have a duty to fulfill! But i will admit i am strait up homesick. Its like disease status. haha. But i will make the absolute best of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment