Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 5:

My most sincere apologies for missing days 1-4, but they were busy, okay?

Rundown.




Day 1:

Airplanes; a heavier-than-air aircraft kept aloft by the upward thrust exerted by the passing air on its fixed wings and driven by propellers, jet propulsion, etc.


Saying goodbye is my least favorite thing to do. I thought it would be easy, keeping the aspect in mind that i will be back for a visit in december... but, not so. I had to say goodbye to my girls, Heather, Kaila, Sandy, Becca, Amanda, Jew, and more of course, but every single goodbye didn't happen without a tear. Or multiple tears. AND then came the family goodbye's. Snap.

*moment* In the car, on our way up to the hotel in Salt Lake, we were having a nice chat, bringing up lost memories, about halloween, and other occasions. Then dad turned the music up, and we all listened for a bit, then the next song came up,,, 'Hey there Delilah'. Of course blake and i perked up and started singing, (because we know every word). When the song was ending.. i took a glance over at my darling little bro, and my heart hurt; there on his face were tears streaming down. He looked up at me and said.. "i think it just hit me you are leaving". Blubber.



So... my family sent me off at the airport. It was like a movie, as i was riding up the escalator, i looked out, and they were all waving with their arms high in the air. Love them.. <3 Also just thought i would mention, that i was kind of very sad all by myself waiting for my flight in SLC, and as i was looking around... i found an indian store!! And i finally bought myself a dreamcatcher.. winner status.
I arrived in Denver, and i was so hungry.. that was the only thing on my mind! So, i got an authentic (i think) Colorado sandwich! And it was suuuuper tasty. So with that out of the way, i took a seat, and got ready for flight number two! On the plane, i sat by these two young gentleman from South Wales, and they smelt like weed. Haha. But they were very friendly, and their accents were narley!

The Big Apple.
Flying over manhattan was absolutely breathtaking! The skyline is stunning, i have only seen places like this in movies. I think i need to get out more. Pahaha. The Lawlors then picked me up! Josh and Elisabeth are the parents, and Anna (4) and Ava (almost 1) are the girls! First Impression; Elisabeth is such a sweetheart, and absolutely adores her daughters. Josh is very nice, and also has a sweet love for the girls... He also has a very orderly way of going about things, ie. lists. haha! Anna and Ava, they were asleep. That was my first impression. lol. They drove me around the city, and local city's, expecting me to remember this stuff... ha. One day i will be a pro. Then to the house! Dannnngggg. First of all, all of these houses are the most phenomenal houses ever. Most of them were built in the 20's before the depression, so they have sooo much character! Absolutely darling! Anyway, the Lawlor's house is, of course, so charming. And my room,,, oh my glory. So i have a huge t.v., a little laptop, my own full sized bed, and it is decorated with my favorite colors, turquoise and yellow! I'm obsessed! Pictures will be posted, as soon as i recieve a card reader! :) So, i came here, and they showed me a few more things, and i went to bed. (yes, i was so unbelieveably tired. haha)

Day 2:

Apple; the usually round, red or yellow, edible fruit off of a small tree, Malus Sylvestris, of the rose family.

It is Sunday, aka, a day of rest. So i slept in until 9:30! Lovely, lovely, lovely! The family went out shopping for grocery's, they invited me along, but i politely said i will stay here and unpack! While they were gone, i snuck a few hours of General Conference in, while it was on, and did some note taking! Elder Eyring's talk was surprisingly exactly what i needed to hear! Trust in God. And do what He wants me to do. Simple, and perfect. Also, i had a thought, it really is so comforting that i am in an unfamiliar room, with unfamiliar things, in a house that doesn't yet know the spirit really, and i can still watch the prophet of the Lord, and the apostles of God and feel that warm comfort from the spirit. It is a good feeling! So, they decided that they wanted to go apple picking! They had this big orchard and setup up north somewhere, and they had a HUGE pumpkin patch, and rows and rows of apples! All you had to do was buy whatever size of bag you want, and pick whatever kind, and however many apples you want! And they are delicious, i might add. :) They also make home-made donuts there, that honestly melt in your mouth. Bbaaaahhhhh! They were so stinkin tasty! Haha! So after that adventure, we went back home, ate some dinner, and went to bed!

Day 3:
Bubby; The name Anna and Ava gave to their Grandma Lawlor.
So this morning, bubby came to help me! She will be here for 2 and a half days to show me the routine!
*moment* This is a big one. I decided make-up is overrated. I am not going to wear it during the week, because who do i have to impress?? No one. haha! I will wear it to church. But it is most definitely overrated. Done. haha.
First, off to school! Anna attends the WJC (Weschester something something... i don't remember) which is a jewish school for ages 2 to 4 i think! Basically it is a pre-school! So we dropped Anna off and went back home to put Ava down for a bottle and nap! Then bubby showed me more stuff, and we went through the schedule! I love this woman! She is so funny, so patient, and just stinkin nice! She knows so much about the girls, and is verrry willing to teach me and help me out! Bubby is a winner! So at noon, we go and pick Anna up! Then its lunchtime! Now.. Anna is a picky eater to say the least. Haha! So, that will be a party trying to feed her every meal for the next year... pahaha. But Ava eats like a teenage boy, so no worries there! lol! After lunch, bubby offers to watch Ava while Anna and i take a walk in the rain! FAVORITE part of the day by far. The landscaping around here is so gorgeous, it freaks me out! Who knew places and houses like this existed?! Not me. But it was drizzling a bit, and for some reason, that made it 22 times more enjoyable! Haha. We walked for about and hour and a half, and i took some quality pictures, that will.. again.. be posted asap. :) What a blast! After that, we played games like crazy! Mostly ones that Anna made up. And then el parentals came back home, and i did my own thing, chilled mostly! haha. And went to bed super early. Myyyy favorite. :)

Day 4:

Quiet; making no noise or sound, esp. no disturbing sound.

This day was interesting. The morning was crazy, Anna wasn't happy that her parents left before she woke up, but of course bubby helped her up and dressed! Thank heavens for bubby! Haha! Off to school, and all that jazz. That always goes smoothly! I like that school, they are very organized, and way nice. AND they all have thick NY accents! It is awesome, like Newsies status! Legit. When Anna got home, we played around,,, til she got mad at me.. :/. It was because i wouldn't let her draw on her dad's official office notes, so she spent a lot of time in her room.. alone... no grown ups allowed.... sooo.... that was cool. haha! oops.

*moment* I realized that days are oh so much longer when you get up early. Its new for me, okay? Don't judge. haha.

Finnnally we got her out... well bubby did. paha. And we played more imaginary games. You wouldn't believe these made up words that Anna comes up with. I will try and write some down in the future, so you can share in my amazement! haha! Ava, is just a little curious bugger, so she has to be watched allll the time! whew. ha! i am learning a lot, which is gooood! the biggest lesson so far...,,, patience. We decided to all hop in the car and go to the park! Yay! To be honest... i was probably more excited than the girls and bubby put together! There is just something about being outside! God created a GORGEOUS new york, and i got to play in it! haha! Anna brought her cute little bubble gum pink bike, and the stroller for Ava of course! Bubby walked around with Av, while i played with, and wathched miss Anna! When we were pretending, Anna was the mommy, and i was the daughter, and i had to be dropped off to ballet class, and stay there until she went around the block and picked me up! So... i climbed around the playground, and felt like a child again... but i was the daughter, so i figured that was okay. :) haha. Then me and Anna had some races, her on her bike, and me just a runnin! That was coool, but on one of the turns, she got a little competitive, and turned too fast, and to sharp and Wipe-Out. She needed a band-aid right away, so gome we went! We got her the sickest monkey band-aid i have ever seen, and it was alll better. Soo soon after that, Elisabeth and Josh arrived, and we ate dinner, (Miss Liz, is a divine cook!) and showered, and went to bed!




NOW we return to day 5!
Alone; Separate, alone, or isolated from others.

This morning after we dropped Anna off, Bubby left. :( I am on my own!! And... it went surprisingly well! They ate, played, sang, and went crazay! Haha! Anna is a little rapper in the making! She makes words rhyme like i've never heard before.. Haha! We played matching pictures, tickling wolf and baby, and magic goop of course! Lol! We just arrived from the school park, where Ava fell asleep, and Anna rode her bike allll around the playground! She only fell once too! When we arrived home... Surprise!! Liz and Josh are home!! And she is making a delish dinner once again! I am just living the life!! Haha! I love to nanny, and i am learning so many life lessons, it is f.a.b.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah...cute blog. Girl you are going to learn a lot and I totally love that place too, some of the cities there are like Fairy tale cities! I think I'll follow your blog, for that sake of making you feel...ULTRA special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah!! Girl, I am so proud of you! One week down, 50 more to go... the countdown begins!! :) You are so wonderful and we all seriously are missing our Sar Bear here at the apartment! I can't wait to Skype with you (hopefully soon woman!) I love you!

    ReplyDelete